OUR GUESTBOOK


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wheely Wednesday! And Patches is a shopper!


Hi everydog, kitty, hamsterrier, bear and hooman! It's me, Petey! Since PorkChop has done the last several Wheelie Wednesday posts, I protested when Mom opened the china cabinet and I convinced her to let ME do this post! Boy, that PorkChop gets all the attention! He's such an Aire-hog!

This is Poppy right after she was told that she needs a bath and a toenail trim. She didn't say anything, but I think I heard some growling under her breath. She is not a happy pup! I'm sure glad I don't have to have such indignities inflicted upon ME! Since I am all wool, I can't have a bath and my toenails are actually little copper wires so we certainly don't want to trim them!


Patches has been in trouble several times, already, this week. It seems that she has turned into a "shopper"! She has been stealing all kinds of stuff that doesn't belong to her. When Dad took a shower, he left his dirty clothes on the floor and Patches thought they needed to be roached upon. Then she drags his socks up onto the bed and won't let anyone take them away from her. Every time Mom does laundry, she has to watch the laundry basket constantly. Patches can sneak into the basket and grab a sock or two before Mom even knows it happened. She finds out when she pairs up the socks and some don't have mates. By the time she finds the wayward socks, they are all slobbery and need to be washed again. Patches' latest favorite thing to shop is dryer sheets. When the laundry is all done, our mom uses the dryer sheet to clean out the lint filter in the dryer, but most of the time, she can't find the sheet. She usually finds it on the big bed...shredded and slobbery. If she happens to catch Patches in the act, the chase is on! Patches prances around like she just won the lottery! Jeeze...all she has is a crumby dryer sheet or a sock and she acts like she has a real prize!



This pink teddy bear is one of the new stuffies that Mom brought home last week. He's sleeping on the bedroom floor along with the crab that Pedro sent to us. The crab doesn't squeak anymore, but it is still Poppy's favorite toy. The bear is kind of heavy, so Mom is worried that once the girls rip him open (and they WILL), that there is going to be a major mess. We don't know if it will be beans or sand, but we're pretty sure it won't be pretty!




Patches still has a few hot spots that Mom is dogtoring, but most of them are all gone. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that! It's nice and cool in my china cabinet and I never get the itchies!
Well, everybuddy, I'm going back into the china cabinet now before those real doggies find out I'm out. That would not be a pretty sight!
Aire-hugs,
Petey (and Poppy, Penny & Patches too)





19 comments:

Pedro said...

Wow, I'm so happy to hear that the crab is still Poppy's favorite toy! That warms my little chi-chi-wa-wa heart!!

Pedro

Asta said...

nice wepowtting Petey
I'm glad you snuck out fow a while..wheeleys awe much bettew behaved genewally than ouw fuwwsiblings, hehehe
The shopping made us laugh, what a giwl
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dewey Dewster said...

Hi Petey...

Glad ya wheeled by ta tell us about what's happenin' in yer world...hope Patches' hot spots get better....but yer sure ta want ta get the excessive shoppin'under control....why pretty soon she'll be shoppin' fer yer dinner....

Dewey Dewster here....

Deetz said...

I steal and shop too...I always take my mums over the shoulder boulder holder. If you stretch it, it acts like a slingshot. Try it really! It works
Deetzy

Murphey said...

My lady has to watch the laundry bakket too, I love socks, underwear and my most favorite thing, BRAS! Nothing funnier than the lady yelling "Bring back my panties!"

Hee hee

Murph

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day

I'm just doing a quick visit today 'cause I have so many places to go and things to see. I'll come back for a longer stay soon.

Cheers

Charlie

Joe Stains said...

uh oh, shoppers and sploding toys, sounds like you guys have a lot to view in that china cabinet. Be sure they get a pic of whatever is inside that pink bear, I sure am curious now!

Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Hi, Petey! Thanks for the lowdown... We guess shopping's not particularly a girl thing since it's just Patches, huh? Maybe it's because she's feeling better? We also wanted to add that Patches looks AMAZING! She's so lucky to be in a great home where she gets so much love and care.

You and Porkchop keep up the good work!

JNTR

Noah the Airedale said...

Guess what, Patches and Willow have so much in common lol. Willow is a "shopper" too and an escape artist. They'd be the best of friends.

tailwags
Noah xx

Niamh said...

I hate to have a bath or have my nails trimmed so I can sympathize. Patches sure is a great shopper. I've been known to steal a sock or two but never thought about the dryer sheet.

Your friend,
Niamh

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

ha ha Patches, you be a shopping Dale just like us.
Bazzy's favorite shopping item is underpants and mine is my mums bra.

yay, shopping is so much fun.

Miss Ellie and Bazzy

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hi Girls!!

My...tell Patches she is surely growing into a bootiful Dale...those extra pounds helped a lot!!! Poor Baby...she musta never been fed very often at her old home....she's sooooooooooo lucky to have ended up with ur mama...sounds like she's a good shopper too!!!

Barkin' at ya!

Lacie

Pee Ess...come and meet our new Wheelie!

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Petey

Thanks for the update on the girls. Patches is a racal isn't she? Made us giggle though!

Have a grrrreat weekend

Molly and Taffy x

Eric said...

Petey, fine reporting from up in the china cabinet. I too am a bit of a shopper and agree laundry baskets are one big supermarket full of choice!

Wiry wags, Eric x

Molly the Airedale said...

I was quite the shopper too on Nantucket, Patches! I was always on a leash though and couldn't really get past the store's threshold!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rambo said...

Petey,
Midget Molly is a shoplifter too. She steals socks and even G-Mom's unmentionables! he he. She runs with them downstairs and protects them like a bone. Go figure!
Rambo

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hi y'all! We wanted to come by and introduce ourselvs because we are new. We love reading about all of you. Please come by our place and say hi sometime!

Hugs

Sunny,Scooter & Jamie (the human bean)

Lorenza said...

Patches knows how to have fun, even if your mom does not agree with her way!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Oh yuck! Hot spots sound horrible! I haven't had those yet, but I got a little bacteria infection and have some scabbies on my back...fortunately mine don't itch!

As for those dryer sheets...dang those things are fun to play with!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley