OUR GUESTBOOK


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Penny the lean, mean fighting machine!



Hi everyone! We are having a boring day, today and neither one of us has gotten into any trouble (so far), so I, Penny am showing you a picture of me in my younger days. I was bred to hunt bear and wild hogs in the North Georgia mountains. I actually had my teeth on a hog once. My father had his jaw broken by a bear! Obviously, he survived or I wouldn't be here. Once upon a time, I was a lean, mean fighting machine! Fortunately, for my mom and dad, I wasn't a very good "gun" dog so the breeder decided to sell me. Sometimes, I feel really sorry for my brothers and sisters up there freezing in the mountains while I live a life of luxury down here where it's warmer and my biggest worry is when I will be fed next! I also don't have to worry about tackling any wild hogs or bears. The meanest looking things I ever see are some squirrels that are pissed off because Mom hasn't fed them or the mean little Manchester terrier next door. I learned, a long time ago, not to stick my snooter through the fence. Sasha would bite it off! She is one mean little dog! I did have a tangle with a squirrel, one day and Mom thought I brought a dead squirrel up on the deck. When she told Dad, he told her that I didn't just "find" a dead squirrel...I MADE him dead! Now that I am almost 9 years old, I can still give those evil squirrels a run for their money (or their sunflower seed). Our evil mom has a squirrel feeder in our back yard and sometimes, she claps her hands before she lets us out the door. It's sort of a warning to the evil squirrels that we are COMING! If Mom doesn't clap her hands, those squirrels just continue to eat and ignore us, completely. They have figured out a way to escape into the trees even if we are right under their feeder! They are evil, I tell ya! I sure am glad I wasn't a good gun dog so I could live here instead of in a kennel up there in the cold mountains!

Aire- hugs,

Penny (the lean, mean fighting machine!)

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Our biggest worry is when the next time is we'll be fed too, Penny! We have a lot in common!
That's awful that your father's jaw was broken by a bear! He lived, right?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Blimey Penny, how exciting to be able to hunt bears. I reckon I'd be pretty good at that. We don't have bears in Australia but I have hunted down the odd possum.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

Kirby said...

Hi Penny,

WOW, you are a fighting machine. I'm very happy that you are with your family instead of up in the mountains messing with bears. I'm glad you are a squirrel hater too. I haven't caught one yet, but I keep on trying.

Your pal,
Kirby

Urban Smoothie Read said...

don't we just enjoy being pampered and got all the yummy foods we want without much work?..

so we don't actually care whether we can hunt or not..

Asta said...

Penny and Poppy
I'm so vewy glad you don't have to fight big mean scawy amionals..I want you to be comfy and happy and eat and play..I'm glad youw pawents found you ..even if youw Mom teases you with the mean squiwwels
smoochie kisses
Asta
pee ess. do you want me to come ovew and bite that nasty little dog in the butt?

The Brat Pack said...

We're happy you were able to come and live in the lap of luxury! That's a pawsome pic of you too.

Tucker-Doodle

Cassidy said...

Bears and hogs be sounding scary Penny! Me is happy you be safe with only squirrels!

Nibbles
Cassidy x