OUR GUESTBOOK


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Penny's fear of the camera




Today, that "other" dog (Poppy) said I, Penny could take over the blog. You see, I am very camera shy. Maybe I belong to one of those religions whose followers believe the camera is stealing my soul. Maybe not...but it sounds like a good excuse. Mom finally held me while Dad snapped my picture. I still have my soul, but it wasn't fun! After all that work to get me to be still, that "other" dog managed to get in the picture too. Who says we need TWO dogs, anyway? I was here first so I should be "top dog". When we are in the house, Poppy is the alpha and she bosses me around all the time...but, when we go outside, I am the supreme ruler of the back yard. I aire-snap at Poppy and chase her until I can roll her over on her back and attack her belly. I never actually hurt her, but it sure SOUNDS like I am going to do some serious damage. When we get back inside, it is just the opposite...she picks on me unmercifully! She makes me do zoomies when I want to take a nap and when Mom takes our stuffies out of the dryer, after their bath, Poppy always grabs them away from me. When we get new toys, Poppy always grabs them first and won't let me have any until she is done inspecting them. Hey, maybe she's just watching out for me so I don't get any dangerous toys! Yeah, right! There is ONE area that I absolutely rule! It's our dog feeding room. I won't let Poppy in until I make sure I can be the first one to my bowl. Then, when I finish eating, I try to push her out of the way so I can have her food too. Somehow, I always get caught at that! Oh, well it doesn't stop me from trying.


Aire-hugs,

Penny (& Poppy, the "other" dog)

9 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

My friend Molly, the Golden Retriever used to be scared of the camera too so you're not alone, Penny!
It sounds like you have a typical Airedale household!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Cassidy said...

Me has learned already that is easier to smile nicely at camera and get it over and done with!#

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Agatha and Archie said...

Hooray!! We finally found you! We have been looking for you since you signed our book!! Don't be shy for the camera!! Do like the super models..work it!! work the camera!!! (that's what they say anyway!!) Love A+A

Kirby said...

Oh Penny, I wish you weren't scared of the camera. I'd love to see more pictures of the adorable you! You you and Poppy stories are funny, wish I had an Airedale pal to play with...

Your pal,
Kirby

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Penny, nice to see your photo, even if you are a reluctant model! The camera is ALWAYS in my face here, so I've kinda got used to it. It's annoying though when I'm trying to sleep! J x

Asta said...

Penny
I'm so glad they managed to get tha pictoowe of you..you awe so bootiful, I'm sowwy it's so twaumatic fow you..you'we lucky to have a sissy even if yu have to take tuwns being top doggie
smoochie kisses
Asta

Noah the Airedale said...

See the camera experience wasn't too bad, lets see more of you Penny!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Urban Smoothie Read said...

camera stealing our soul?!?!

plz tell me is juz a myth....

or else, i won't have any soul left in me...

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hey no reason to be afraid of the camera, you're BEE-YOU-TIFUL !!!

Love,
Bogart