OUR GUESTBOOK


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Patches is home from her fix-it surgery!

Hi, everybuddy! It's me, Patches! Yesterday, I had my fix-it surgery. I didn't know I was even broken and now, I think maybe the v-e-t might have broken me! I was very upset, yesterday morning, when Mom wouldn't let me eat. I'm not quite as big of a food hound as Penny is, but I'm close. Penny was REALLY mad! Even our pawrents didn't get to eat breakfast before Mom took me to see the v-e-t. When we got there, I was a crazy doggie and pulled my mom all over the parking lot and inside the vet's office. The nurse said I didn't act like a 5 year old. The first bit of good news I got was that I weigh 43.4 pounds. I only weighed 32.5 pounds when I first entered the witness protection program. All the good food I get is working to make me a really healthy Aire-head!
I came home, yesterday at about 4:00 and Poppy has been watching over me since I came home. The nurses said I did just fine and when they went to lift me into the Aire-mobile, I jumped in by myself! Then, when we got home, Dad came out to lift me out, but once again, I jumped out by myself! Everyone was a little worried because they heard that spaying is hard on a 5 year old. I guess I showed them!

Mom gave me some water and food, last night, but I didn't want any. Mostly, I wanted to stand around looking pitiful because it kind of hurt to lay down. This morning, I am laying down a lot and not doing my usual bitey-face with Poppy. Penny and Poppy keep sniffing me, but Mom and Dad keep making them get away from me. When we first got home, Mom was reading the invoice that the vet gave her and she realized that they didn't give her any pain pills, even though they were on the invoice. She called the v-e-t and they apologized for forgetting. Now, Mom has to drive all the way back up there, this morning, to get them for me. I really need them, but I'm not sure how they plan on getting them into my tummy since I still don't want to eat. I looked at my food, this morning, and I stood in front of the bowl for a few minutes, but I'm just not hungry yet!
Maybe I'll feel better once Mom gets back here with my pain pills! I'm not licking or biting at my stitches, so I don't have to wear a lampshade...at least, not YET! I'm waiting for nurse Lacie to get here with her smoothie mix...I'm sure that will perk me up!
Well, everybuddy, I'm going to lay back down now!
Aire-hugs,
Patches (and Poppy & Penny too)


16 comments:

Dexter said...

Hope you get your happy pills soon. You must be kind of sore. Try not to bother your stitches. An aire-gal in a cone is like a weapon!

Slobbers,
Mango

Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Feel better soon, Patches! We sympathize--our twins are recovering from their surgeries, too. They're feeling better now and just want to run and play, but the human insists on keeping them on leash still!

We'll keep paws crossed that the lampshades stay away!

JNTR

Faya said...

Patches ! You will feel much better after taken the pain pills. You better take them if you want to eat and feel good. All you need now is a hugs-therapy ! And more treats !
Kisses, Faya & Dyos

Agatha and Archie said...

We are sending you lots of gentle kisses and hugs...You will feel better each day! Love A+A

Stanislaw said...

Feel better Patches! And just think of all that cheese you might get with your pills... that always works miracles over here! Or canned kitten food is a nice stinky pill cover too. Mmm mmm! Are you feeling hungry yet?

Murphey said...

Patches,
Vote no on the lampshade! Reilly has to wear one right now and he hates it.

Feel better soon.

Murph

Asta said...

Patches
I'm so glad that's ovew wif..I hope the pain pills will make you feel bettew and you stawt wanting to eat soon too..but I hope you keep being good about not licking, cause weawing that lampshade is yucky
healing smoochie kisses
ASTA

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof

Hope Patches is feeling better.
Thanks for stopping by and wishing Toby well.

Desert Pups

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad you're home, Poppy! We hope swiping a pill through peanut butter or wrapping it in some cheese will get you to swallow it! We're sending lots of AireZen your way! We hope you feel better soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We were out of pocket for 5 days and boy are we behind. Condolences on reinder. Goes to show you that when surgry is involved a professional surgeon should be contacted. poor reindeer.
Hope you are feeling better. Happy pills will help ALOT!
Be careful and do not overdo!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Lady Kaos said...

I hope you're back to bitey face soon. It's no fun being sick. Hopefully your mom will hide your pills in something really yummy that you just can't say no to and then you'll start to feel better and then you'll be able to eat. We don't want you to loose all that good wait again!
I'm sending some extra healing vibes your way!!
Kaos

Lorenza said...

Hi, Patches!
Glad to hear that everything went well with your surgery!
I am sure you will feel like new in no time, just take it easy and rest a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Awww Patches we hope the pain killers do the trick so you'll be back on your food soon. We're really glad the surgery went well.

Take care.

Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Niamh said...

I'm so sorry that you are hurting Patches. I've just been through this in July and you really will feel better soon. I hope the pain meds help.

Your friend,
Niamh

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Patches...I'm on my way...'fact, I should be there in just a few...

Make sure you mom has all of the necessary supplies...ice, glasses, stirs, and a thermometer, lotsa soft snuggly blankies for a nest.

I have my largest blender...sometimes surgery can be stressful for Airesibs, so I'm thinkin' Penny and Poppy may need to be dosed with a few smoothies...

OH, BTW..if ur not eating your mom can put your pill waaaaaay back in ur mouth (um like as far as she can reach) hold your head straight up and stroke ur throat till ya swallow...frankly I think ice cream works better.....

Healing lickies...Laciegirl

Joe Stains said...

We are glad that you made it through ok and now you are all fixed! You will feel better soon and be eating like normal!